Monday, November 30, 2009

revolutions

No, not yet time for reSolutions, but the word revolution seems to be fitting right about now...and perhaps it explains a bit of why I seem to have disappeared from the blog for nearly half a month (how did that happen?):

revolution: a noun that means both radical change and coming full circle at the same time

  • found a wedding dress! i know, this sounds like a strange revolution, but it happened in the perfect Chupp way (i.e. not in a scary bridal superstore) and committing to a dress has made everything more real--I have more focus and actual planning can commense:)
  • getting the chance to see my close friends, who are all pretty far from me, comes way before blogging! this is not a new revolution, but it's an important one--i've had lunch with Carly, dinner with Lauren and Corinne and brunch with Michelle all in the past two weeks--now that's the life!
  • Bryan's revolution: he's the groom. Yes, one would have thought he already knew this, and he did, but he had not put it in print before. We just decided on amazing photographers and had to sign a contract to save them. His face was too funny when we got to the part where we had to sign our names on the "bride" and "groom" lines:)
  • the I'm-not-in-"ultimate"-shape revolution: proved when I tried to play in a Frisbee tournament last weekend and was sore for several days after:(
  • the dish revolution: even after you spend a lovely afternoon looking for dinnerware with your husband-to-be, if you settle on plates that are on sale now, they probably won't be here when your wedding actually comes around, and, therefore, not good for the registry.
  • Crepe Revolution: a delicious new resto find. I'll admit I've already been there three times in the past two weeks. But I'm not ashamed and the menu has hardly been exhausted. Although, I believe I was sold before food even arrived to my table when I was delivered my very own French press full of coffee and little silver pitcher of cream. So far I've tried three different crepes and can vie for all of them equally: smoked salmon, portobello and a fruit with brie.

3 comments:

Sarah&Jason said...

Just took a gander @ the crepe place. YUMMMM! Maybe we could meet there after I get off work one day, or maybe even before work so I am not all sleepyfied...what are the hours? Will have to check.

Sarah&Jason said...

And yes I missed you but glad you had some revolutions. Keep it turnin' cousin.

tin can photography said...

i like this meet up at the crepe place idea...please name your time and place madame:)