Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Christmas Eve (again)

self portrait: fam in the van

We may have waited to celebrate Christmas day, but we couldn't pass up a trip to the Varsity after the Christmas Eve service at church! Today now marks our second Christmas Eve...does that mean I get to have some more onion rings and a PC?

my mom digging in--the once a year treat:)

hmmm...the next time I hop on the elliptical, I'll remember how it was worth every bite:)


After some greasy food, we decided to stop by Memaw and Pawpaw's. We ended up staying there long enough to ring in Christmas and learn about one of Pawpaw's yearly traditions.
At the stroke of midnight (while we were watching a mass on TV), my grandparents hopped up and headed toward the kitchen. Apparently, when the clock strikes 12 on Christmas Eve and Christmas day officially begins, Pawpaw always enjoys a slice of cake!

I was excited to learn of, and take part in, this tasty tradition. I think Bryan would be in favor of adopting this one!

Enjoying Memaw's pound cake:)

Food and fun coma:)

No comments: