Monday, January 04, 2010

new decade celebration


taco fixings for our new year's fiesta

My favorite part was when David's new wife Alba (from Honduras) saw the cheddar cheese and lettuce (apparently not so available in her home country) and said, "Oh, it's Taco Bell." The silly things we Americans do---the Hondurans brought over some delicious fare that resembled what we would call a taquito with cabbage on top--YUM!
Jonathan and my dad talking and laughing per usual (and always a pleasure to see!)

Vanessa and I ringing in the new year pots n' pans style


Carly joining in adding a little horn to our percussion section (and is it just me or does she look a little bit like Melman the giraffe from Madagascar? a cute Melman:)

the next photo in the sequence :)

Kyle and Jonathan shooting bottle rockets

carly and andrew

me...continuing the celebration

a new year's call from my dear fiance (who said it took him nearly 10 tries for the call to go through--guess many people were doing the same)

Kyle and Vanessa (who we had to drop off at the airport this morning at 5 a.m.--sad to see them go after such a great week, but glad I'm planning an April wedding they'll need to be at!)

Happy New Decade Everyone!

4 comments:

Sarah&Jason said...

I am just catching up on the holiday blogging, enjoying every bit of it! Love the new do's of Kyle and Vanessa, and all the fun festivities that make you Chuppers so great!

lauren elizabeth said...

wonderful pictures! why may I ask does the canadian have a coat on and the ga girl a sleevless top? sad i missed the fiesta but happy that i too get to come home for that april wedding!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryan Sintos said...

I miss you guys